ROAD REPORT - Thursday 18th February 2021 - 1000hrs
TRAVEL THROUGH NGAANYATJARRA LANDS NOT PERMITTED WITHOUT APPROVED ACCESS PERMIT
Contact Ngaanyatjarra Council Aboriginal Corporation for PERMIT STATUS
If you require further clarification please contact Ngaanyatjarra Council Office on 08 8950 1711
THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE WHEN FURTHER INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.
DON'T FORGET TO VIST THE WARTA SHOP AND THE TJULYURU REGIONAL GALLERY IN THE SHIRE COMPLEX WHILST IN WARBURTON OR THE WARAKURNA ART GALLERY IN WARAKURNA GILES!
Changing weather conditions & traffic volumes can adversely affect road surfaces, please drive carefully at all times.
Please note that all major roads within the Shire are a combination of formed dirt & gravel.
Visitors to the region must obtain a permit prior to travel in the area.
For Main Roads WA, South Australia & NT Road reports click here for Links.
For specific roads please refer to the current information below or contact us.
KEVIN HANNAGAN - CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
|GREAT CENTRAL ROAD|
|Laverton – Tjukayirla R/House - Shire of Laverton Boundary||Please contact the Shire of Laverton on 9031 1202 for current conditions
|Great Central Road - Laverton Shire Border into Warburton||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|GREAT Central Road Warburton to Warakurna||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Warakurna to NT Border||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|NT Border to Yulara||CONTACT NT ROADS ON 1800 246 199|
|Jameson Cutline||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC
|Giles-Mulga Park Road to Wingellina||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC
|WARBURTON TO WINGELLINA ROAD|
|Warburton – Jameson||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Jameson – Blackstone||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Blackstone – Wingellina||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|COMMUNITY ACCESS ROADS|
|Kanpa Access Road||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Tjirrkarli Access Road||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Patjarr Access Road||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Wanarn Access Road||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Tjukurla Access Road||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
Distances between Communities (km)
1. These distances are provided as a guide only, please confirm distances yourself before travelling.
2. The above distances are approximates only, the Great Central Road (Outback Highway) and other community roads are subject to road realignments which may vary the distances.
* Helpful Travel Tips For Gravel Roads
- Look well ahead on the road for possible trouble spots, eg water can pool on the road after heavy rain in some locations, but generally is well drained.
- Watch for rising dust in the distance as this generally indicates other vehicle using the road too.
- Drive to the conditions at the time.
- Enjoy your surrounds and do not speed, slow down on bends and crests.
- Corrugations can cause a vehicle to slide.
- Stay off the edge of the road as they often soft and will drag your vehicle off the road.
- When a section of road is covered by water it is generally safest to pass through the centre of the road as it generally the hardest section of the road and you are less likely to get your vehicle bogged.