ROAD REPORT - TOTAL FIRE BAN FOR THE SHIRE OF NGAANYATJARRAKU FOR MONDAY 11TH FEBRUARY 2019. ALL ROADS WITHIN THE SHIRE ARE CURRENTLY OPEN.
Changing weather conditions & traffic volumes can adversely affect road surfaces, please drive carefully at all times.
Please note that all major roads within the Shire are a combination of formed dirt & gravel.
Visitors to the region must obtain a permit prior to travel in the area.
For Main Roads WA, South Australia & NT Road reports click here for Links.
For specific roads please refer to the current information below or contact us.
KEVIN HANNAGAN - CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
|Great Central Road|
|Laverton – Tjukayirla R/House - Shire of Laverton Boundary||Please contact the Shire of Laverton on 9031 1202 for current conditions
|Great Central Road - Laverton Shire Border into Warburton||OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES|
|Great Central Road Warburton to Warakurna||
OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES
|Jameson Cutline||OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES|
|NT Border - Yulara||Contact NT Roads for information on 1800 246 199|
|Great Central Road - Warakurna to the NT Border||OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES|
|Warburton – Jameson||OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES|
|Jameson – Blackstone||OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES|
|Blackstone – Wingellina||OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES|
|Community Access Roads|
|Kanpa Access Road||OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES|
|Tjirrkarli Access Road||OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES|
|Patjarr Access Road||OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES|
|Wanarn Access Road||OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES|
|Tjukurla Access Road||OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES|
|Giles - Mulga Park Road - Wingellina||OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES|
Distances between Communities (km)
1. These distances are provided as a guide only, please confirm distances yourself before travelling.
2. The above distances are approximates only, the Great Central Road (Outback Highway) and other community roads are subject to road realignments which may vary the distances.
* Helpful Travel Tips For Gravel Roads
- Look well ahead on the road for possible trouble spots, eg water can pool on the road after heavy rain in some locations, but generally is well drained.
- Watch for rising dust in the distance as this generally indicates other vehicle using the road too.
- Drive to the conditions at the time.
- Enjoy your surrounds and do not speed, slow down on bends and crests.
- Corrugations can cause a vehicle to slide.
- Stay off the edge of the road as they often soft and will drag your vehicle off the road.
- When a section of road is covered by water it is generally safest to pass through the centre of the road as it generally the hardest section of the road and you are less likely to get your vehicle bogged.